Universal Audio Apollo x4 Desktop Thunderbolt Interface UAD-2 Quad Core
This takes the desktop interface to a new level with 4 elite class balanced inputs puts backed by Unison technology. Based on Unison's proprietary hardware-software integration, Apollo x4 lets you record at near-zero latency through emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo x4's two front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputs, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Right out of the box, the Apollo x4 includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" suite of UAD plug-ins - the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Pultec EQs, and more - so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Expanded I/O & Built-in Talkback Mic
In addition to its four Unison-equipped preamps, Apollo x4 offers two independent headphone outs and two Hi-Z instrument inputs - letting you collaborate easily. Plus, with a total of four line outs, optical ADAT/SPDIF input and output, dedicated monitor remote controls, and a built-in Talkback mic, the 12 x 18 Apollo x4 can serve as the powerful centerpiece of your professional desktop studio.
Professional Performance and Scalability
Users of Apollo x4 can combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo X rackmount unit, you can use Apollo x4 as a desktop monitor control with additional I/O and DSP power.
- Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 4 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- QUAD-2 QUAD Core processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- 2 Unison-enabled front panel Hi-Z instrument inputs
- 2 independent front panel headphone outputs
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input and output via optical ADAT and S/PDIF
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality