Universal Audio Apollo x4 Desktop 12x18 Thunderbolt 3 Interface Heritage Edition
This is the heart of your studio and that's one area you shouldn't be cutting corners with. Use the tools that the pros use. Apollo x4 Heritage Edition has all the benefits of the acclaimed Apollo x4, including elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing, Unison-enabled mic preamps, and full LUNA Recording System integration. And it goes a step further, with a software suite of 10 award-winning UAD plug-in titles, featuring Collections from Helios, Fairchild, Teletronix, Pultec, and UA.
A Special Edition featuring Iconic UAD Analog Collections Onboard
A hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency. Taking you a step further, Apollo x4 Heritage Edition gives you 10 premium plug-in titles including the full suite of UA's Teletronix, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Helios Type 69, V76, and UA 610 Unison mic preamps, all Pultec EQs, Oxide Tape Recorder, and Pure Plate Reverb.
These premium Heritage Edition titles are in addition to Apollo Twin x4's included "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" bundle, giving you the most accurate library of classic analog emulations included with any professional audio interface.
Four Unison Preamps The Sound of Neve, Helios, API, Avalon & More
Apollo x4 Heritage Edition features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, Avalon, Helios, and Universal Audio.• A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison is a proprietary hardware-software integration that nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid-state mic pres including their input impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and component-level circuit behaviors.
Unison technology is also found on Apollo x4's dual front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputs, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are used to create exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve upon the previous generation, UA engineers redesigned the Apollo x4's audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+N, giving it a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters costing much more.
LUNA Recording System Deep Apollo Integration with a Fast, Natural Workflow
All Apollo X series interfaces work with all major DAWs, including Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more. But they become a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, a powerful recording application for Mac from Universal Audio. Bolstered by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring,™ LUNA lets you track and mix in an intuitive single-window workflow with unlimited track counts, with full AU support and access to exclusive LUNA Instruments and Extensions.
Get Legendary UA Sound Natively with UAD Spark
Apollo Heritage Editions include plug-ins featured in UAD Spark, UA's subscription plug-in collection that runs natively on Mac, with no UA hardware required. With UAD Spark, you can expand your plug-in processing power, balancing your DSP load between Apollo and your computer's onboard processing.
Additional Connections & Built-in Talkback Mic
With its four Unison-enabled preamps, six line outs, and optical ADAT/SPDIF input plus dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic the 12 x 18 Apollo x4 Heritage Edition gives you the I/O you need for professional tracks and mixes.
Professional Performance and Scalability
Users of Apollo x4 Heritage Edition can combine up to four Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo X rackmount unit, you can use Apollo x4 as a desktop monitor controller with additional I/O and DSP power.
Apollo x4 Heritage Edition Key Features
• A special edition of UA's acclaimed Apollo x4 interface with a premium suite of 10 award-winning plug-in titles from Helios,® Fairchild,® Teletronix,® Pultec® and UA
• Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
• 4 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
• UAD QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
• Produce with LUNA Recording System a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac only)
• Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
• Compatible with Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more
• Dual front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument inputs and headphone outs
• Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
• Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
• Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF
• Also includes "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp, Legacy Pultec EQ, additional LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, and more
• Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
• Free, industry-leading technical support on the phone and online from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included in Apollo "Heritage Edition" Bundle
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection
- Teletronix LA-3A Audio Leveler
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
- Helios Type 69 Preamp & EQ Collection
- V76 Preamplifier
- Oxide Tape Recorder
- Pure Plate Reverb
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler