not currently in stock
Back in the 1970s, Roland launched the SYSTEM 100, 100M and the now almost mythical SYSTEM 700. These modular and semi-modular synthesizers are heralded to this day for their flexibility and character of sound. Over the years, they’ve been put to great use by visionary artists on countless classic tracks.
Meet the SYSTEM-1, a synthesizer probably unlike any you’ve encountered before. Like its predecessors, the SYSTEM-1 breaks new ground with remarkable flexibility and access to a vast palette of synthesized sounds with the bold and unmistakable character associated with Roland synthesizers for nearly four decades.
At the heart of the SYSTEM-1’s sound is our new Analog Circuit Behavior technology (ACB) which we use to carefully analyze every aspect of analog circuits and then faithfully recreate them down to the finest details. This technology fills the SYSTEM-1 with a fusion of beautifully classic and utterly modern synthesizer tones. Sound good?
The SYSTEM-1 can control and even host software recreations of classic Roland synthesizers. That’s right. The SYSTEM-1 can control plug-in versions of now legendary Roland synths, and those same plugins can be hosted in the SYSTEM-1 itself – with no computer required. You can even switch between the SYSTEM-1’s internal sounds and those of the hosted plug-in. We call this wizardry “PLUG-OUT” – and we’re pretty excited about it.
And we think you’ll be excited too once you experience the supreme authenticity of the upcoming SH-101 softsynth, with the SYSTEM-1 providing an intuitive and fully automatic one-to-one control interface that just works. Let’s be honest - who could make a better plug-in version of a classic Roland synth than Roland?
And the SH-101 is just the beginning.
Complete replica of the classic SH-2 synthesizer
The SH-2 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer is a total reproduction of the classic SH-2 synthesizer from 1979. Renowned for its raw vintage tone, the SH-2’s dual VCO plus sub oscillator configuration dishes out devastatingly fat basses, edgy leads and wild effects. Designed for SYSTEM-1 as well as Mac or PC hosts, the new SH-2 uses Analog Circuit Behavior technology to faithfully recreate the warm, rich sound of the original with a level of authenticity that can only come from Roland.
The SYSTEM-1 not only sounds amazing, but it also has a totally innovative design with performance ready controls, quality construction, and a dizzying array of lights and knobs and sliders that proclaim – unashamedly - “I am synthesizer. Hear me roar.”
- Four oscillators for buckets of fat synth tones
- Oscillator colors create continuous waveform changes from simple to complex
- All parameters can be controlled with physical knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- Advanced Arpeggiator with SCATTER
- SCATTER jog dial offers 10 different phrase variations with dynamic, real-time control over 10 stages of depth
- Variety of modulation functions including ring modulation, cross modulation and oscillator sync
- -12dB and -24dB filter types with independent high pass filters
- Tone knob for easy tonal balancing
- Crusher knob for modern edge
- Integrated Delay and Reverb effect units
- Tempo syncing for LFO and Delay
- Innovative thin keyboard with 25 normal sized keys
- Comfortable to play and yet the most compact Roland synth ever
A few more things
You can connect the SYSTEM-1 to your computer via its USB jack to send and receive Audio and MIDI data.
The SYSTEM-1 can receive MIDI clock information to sync with external devices including other AIRA series units.
The SYSTEM-1 is designed to work seamlessly and look great with other products in the AIRA series.
This item only ships within Canada
For more information please visit www.roland.com/ca