When you want top-notch modeling, this gives you an expansive mic locker with only one mic and so many options. Apart from that it's a great mic on it's own. The Sphere L22 microphone system from Townsend Labs models the characteristics of the most sought-after large-diaphragm condenser microphones with amazing accuracy and allows selection of different mics and patterns even after tracking.
The Sphere L22 system consists of a dedicated, dual-channel microphone and its software counterpart, the included Sphere plug-in (UAD, AAX DSP, AAX Native, VST, AU). The exacting models incorporate transient response, harmonics, proximity effect, and multi-dimensional polar response. Thanks to Townsend Labs' exhaustive and curated study of classic microphones, the Sphere system currently brings the soul of 34 of the world's most revered microphones to life. The striking accuracy and sonic results have convinced owners from home recordists to seasoned industry veterans, such as Joe Chiccarelli, Billy Bush, and Allen Sides.
Now You Can:
- Record with a world-class microphone collection of 34 stunning-sounding mics
- Change mic type, polar pattern, and other microphone characteristics, even after tracking!
- Audition the sound of different microphones without tiring the artist
- Reduce coloration and room ambience in challenging spaces in combination with popular isolation filters, such as the sE Reflexion Filters, Aston Halo, Kaotica Eyeball, and more.
- Record in stereo from a single microphone