- Powerful overdrive with tone-shaping
- True-Bypass switching retains your tone
- Class-A Power Booster provides +24dB of clean gain
- Built-in effects loop activates with booster
- Designed for today’s new breed of rock-oriented country players, the North-Star is both an overdrive and a high-output power booster combined in one versatile and compact pedal.
The overdrive circuit in the North-Star is capable of providing an array of tones, varying from subtle chunk to singing distortion. The Drive and Level controls provide adjustments over the amount of distortion and the output to your amp, so you can balance how much drive you get from the pedal vs. breakup from your amp. Combined with a variable Class-A Booster capable of +24dB of clean gain, you can use the North-Star to dial in the perfect not-too-dirty, not-too-clean semi-broken up tone, or push your sound to the extreme. Used on its own, the Booster section can provide easy transitions from rhythm to lead, as the separate Boost footswitch automatically engages the built-in effects loop, bringing your favourite analog delay pedal into the signal chain.
The North-Star is built in a compact enclosure to save space on a busy pedalboard, and is powered via a standard 9V power supply or a multi-pedal power brick. 14-gauge steel construction and high-quality components ensure it will hold up against the rigors of the road, and true-bypass switching retains the pure tone of your instrument when not in use.