AUDIOPHILE-GRADE INTERFACE FOR MAC AND PC
The Super UA combines audiophile sound, premium build quality and low latency performance in a next-generation audio interface for Mac and PC. With native support for both 1-bit DSD and 32-bit PCM playback, the Super UA is the state-of-the-art in fidelity. Low-latency drivers deliver smooth and efficient performance with your favorite DAW. And its modular design, sculpted controls, and all-metal construction make it a pleasure to use and beautiful to behold.
- The Super UA combines audiophile sound, premium build quality and low latency performance in a next-generation audio interface for Mac and PC.
- Audiophile sound quality with 1-bit DSD and 32-bit PCM playback
- Four inputs and four outputs with XLR and 1/4-inch connectors
- Die-cast metal construction with simple, solid controls and smooth metering
- Includes 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch jacks for headphones
- Flexible design allows for mobile use without having to disconnect studio mics and monitors
- Large multi-function knob and recessed, illuminated buttons provide quick access to input and output levels
- Clean, quiet operation with stunning clarity and dynamic range
- Low-latency ASIO and Core Audio drivers
- S1LKi Sound
Whether you're mixing and editing in the studio or playing to sold-out crowds on the road, you need an interface that presents your music with stunning clarity and maximum impact. Our newly developed S1Lki DSP engine and high-resolution DACs delivers the latest in high-resolution audio playback. The Super UA's high-end DAC supports 2.8 MHz/1-bit DSD and 192 kHz/32-bit floating point PCM playback - so you can experience the full resolution of your DAW's 32-bit audio engine. Hear the most precise edits and subtle mix details. On stage, softsynths and backing tracks sound their absolute best, leaving a lasting impression on your audience.
Today's musicians and producers are often on the go - composing in a hotel room, editing on a plane, or mixing at home. The Super UA was developed with the modern – and sometimes mobile – musician in mind. Its flexible design makes it feel like a permanent fixture in the studio yet easy to grab and go when needed. The Super UA consists of a main tabletop unit with two channels of TRS I/O and headphone jacks, plus a separate I/O module that connects with a single, sturdy cable. The I/O module is equipped with XLR jacks for hooking up microphones and studio monitors. Sitting neatly on your workspace, the main unit features a large, multi-function knob surrounded by LEDs, along with recessed, illuminated buttons that allow direct access to all four inputs, two sets of monitors, and two sets of headphones. When you want to work on music away from your studio, the main unit easily detaches from the I/O module and functions as a standalone two-in/two-out interface with dual headphone jacks. This lets you leave your mics and monitors connected in the studio while you bring the Super UA's exceptional performance with you on the road, to a gig, or anywhere else life takes you.
Build quality was a prime consideration when developing the Super UA. We wanted it to feel solid and reliable. So it's made entirely of die-cast metal. It grips whatever surface it's on and won't slide around. The solid, accurate knob has just the right amount of reassuring click. And the smooth meters and LED illuminated controls are bold and beautiful.
While the Super UA was designed for audiophile-grade sound, it was also engineered for pro-studio performance. Whether recording, mixing, or playing live, you need reliable, low-latency operation with your favorite DAW and softynths. Roland's expertise in hardware design and years of experience in audio driver development mean you can breathe easy while you sound your best.
Number of Audio Playback ChannelsPCM format: 6 channels, 2 channels
DSD format: 2 channelsNumber of Audio Record ChannelsPCM format: 2 channels
* You cannot record in DSD format.Signal Processing[PCM format]
PC interface: 32 bits
DA Conversion: 1 bit, 32 bits
AD Conversion: 24 bit
* When "D/A Conversion = 1 bit" is valid, DA conversion operates on 1 bit.
PC interface: 1 bit
DA Conversion: 1 bitSampling Rate[PCM format]
PC interface: 352.8 kHz, 192 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
DA Conversion: 3.072 MHz, 2.8224 MHz, 192 kHz, 176.4 kHz
AD Conversion: 192 kHz, 176.4 kHz
* If the sampling rate is 352.8 kHz, the number of channels is limited to two channels, and playback is possible only via ASIO/Core Audio.
* When "D/A Conversion = 1 bit" is valid, DA conversion operates on 3.072 MHz or 2.8224 MHz.
PC interface: 5.6448 MHz, 2.8224 MHz *
DA Conversion: 2.8224 MHz
* 5.6448 MHz DSD data is down-converted to 2.8224 MHz for playback.DSD Format Playback MethodDoP version 1.0InterfaceHi-Speed USBConnectors[Main unit]
PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
LINE OUT A jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, balanced
I/O connector (Breakout Box)
USB port: USB Type micro B
DC IN connector
LINE OUT B jack: XLR type, balanced
MIC 1 jack, MIC 2 jack: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
* Current value per channel.ControllerMIC 1 button, MIC 2 button, LINE IN button, PHONES button, A button, B button
48V indicatorCharacteristicsNominal Input LevelNominal Input LevelLINE IN jack (1/4-inch TRS phone type): -28– +4dBu
MIC 1 jack, MIC 2 jack (XLR type): -60– -2 dBuNominal Output LevelLINE OUT A jack (balanced): +4 dBu
LINE OUT B jack (balanced): +4 dBu
PHONES jack: -2 dBuMaximum Output LevelLINE OUT A jack (balanced): +22 dBu
LINE OUT B jack (balanced): +22 dBu
PHONES jack: +16 dBuPHONES Maximum Output Power200 mW + 200 mW (L + R, 40 ohms)
65 mW + 65 mW (L + R, 300 ohms)Headroom18 dBInput ImpedanceLINE IN jack (1/4-inch TRS phone type): 12 k ohms (balanced)
MIC 1 jack, MIC 2 jack (XLR type): 6.8 k ohms (balanced)Output ImpedanceLINE OUT A jack: 600 ohms (balanced)
LINE OUT B jack: 600 ohms (balanced)
PHONES jack: 30 ohmsFrequency Response:192.0 kHz: 20 Hz–60 kHz (+0/-1 dB), 20 Hz–90 kHz (+0/-5 dB)
176.4 kHz: 20 Hz–60 kHz (+0/-1 dB), 20 Hz–80 kHz (+0/-5 dB)
96.0 kHz: 20 Hz–44 kHz (+0/-0.5 dB)
88.2 kHz: 20 Hz–40 kHz (+0/-0.5 dB)
48.0 kHz: 20 Hz–22 kHz (+0/-0.5 dB)
44.1 kHz: 20 Hz–20 kHz (+0/-0.5 dB)Residual Noise LevelLINE IN to LINE OUT A: -96 dBu typ. (SENS: min., 1 k ohms terminated, IHF-A)
* Internal Direct Monitor Mixer setting
INPUT level: 0 dBDynamic Range[AD block]
LINE IN: 112 dB typ. (SENS: min.)
MIC 1, MIC 2: 111 dB typ. (SENS: min.)
LINE OUT A, LINE OUT B: 118 dB typ.OTHERPower SupplyAC AdaptorCurrent Draw1,000 mAAccessoriesOwner's Manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
USB cable (1 m, 3-1/3 inches)
This item only ships within Canada
For more information please visit www.roland.ca